If the second season of ‘Stranger Things‘ hasn’t filled your binging appetite for the show or you just want something to snack on while you finish it up then you’ll want to check out this Demogorgon-zola Grilled Cheese Sandwich! While the Duffer Brothers have delivered us another solid season on Netflix, the Muffin Brothers are here to help fill the void in our upside-down hearts with ‘Stranger Fillings: A Parody Cookbook’! In it, you’ll find a slew of recipes which all represent the themes and imagery from the show and they’ve shared this one with the world for free.
Of course, we’ve all learned that you need to be prepared when going up against a Demogorgon and this Grilled Cheese beastie is no different! In fact, the Muffin Brothers even warn you that “It is advisable to keep a mantrap, tank of gasoline, and baseball bat with nails driven into it nearby for safety” in the prep process of this amazing looking sandwich. You’ve already seen what it looks like in the image below and following that is what it will take to make this curious culinary creation!
2 slices ½-inch-thick white bread
1 oz. Gorgonzola cheese
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tbsp. butter
1 black olive
1 pine nut to garnish
For the body
1. Clear the work surface of any Upside Down ooze.
2. Cut 2 slices of bread to resemble the body of the Demogorgon.
3. Carefully spread the Gorgonzola on one of the cut slices, and place the other slice of bread on top.
4. Spread mayonnaise on both pieces of bread (this is key to a golden, delectable crunch).
5. Heat a small skillet (nonstick, ideally) over medium.
6. Slide in half of the butter. When it melts, add the sandwich to the pan, and heat for 4 minutes until golden brown; add the remaining butter and flip.
For the head
1. Score the fig into quarters, without slicing right through. Fan open.
2. Cut one thick slice of black olive, and place in center of fig.
3. Cut the pine nut into small shards, and garnish the olive to resemble teeth.
4. Place head at top of sandwich neck to serve.
5. Once complete, serve and enjoy quickly. Then scram before the lights start blinking and things get messy.
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 16 minutes
The sandwich itself sounds like it will be delicious and it looks as if the experience of eating it will be a blast as well! Perfect for all of the foodie fans out there who want some strange things to add to their meal planning.
Do you think that ‘Stranger Fillings: A Parody Cookbook’ sounds like something that should be on your bookshelf when an Eggo just won’t do? What do you think of the look and ease of making a Demogorgon-zola Grilled Cheese Sandwich? Share your thoughts below!
Source: Entertainment Weekly