Ridley Scott’s ‘The Martian‘ should have no problem landing at #1 and raking in loads of money. Not only is it the first big event movie to come along in months, but it’s already garnered rave reviews from those who have seen it.
During a manned mission to Mars, Astronaut Mark Watney (Matt Damon) is presumed dead after a fierce storm and left behind by his crew. But Watney has survived and finds himself stranded and alone on the hostile planet. With only meager supplies, he must draw upon his ingenuity, wit and spirit to subsist and find a way to signal to Earth that he is alive. Millions of miles away, NASA and a team of international scientists work tirelessly to bring “the Martian” home, while his crewmates concurrently plot a daring, if not impossible rescue mission. As these stories of incredible bravery unfold, the world comes together to root for Watney’s safe return.>
Now, Fox has released the NASA dossier for the movie, detailing the mission to Mars complete with in-depth biographies of the astronauts.
Matt Damon plays focal character botanist Mark Watley and he is joined by:
- Mission Commander Melissa Lewis – Jessica Chastain
- European Scientist and Navigator Alex Vogel – Aksel Hennie
- Flight Surgeon Dr. Christopher Beck – Sebastian Stan
- Prodigy Beth Johanson – Kate Mara
- Fighter Pilot Major Rick Martinez – Michael Peña
And monitoring from the Earth are:
- NASA Director Theodore Sanders – Jeff Daniels
- Director of Mars Mission Vinkat “Vincent” Kapoor – Chiwetel Ejiofor
- Hermes Flight Director Mitch Henderson – Sean Bean
- Director of Media Relations Annie Montrose – Kristen Wiig
The film also stars Donald Glover as Rich Purnell, Jonathan Aris as Hatch, Naomi Scott as Ryoko, Mackenzie Davis as Mindy Park, Lili Bordán as Blair and Nick Mohammed as Tim Grimes.
Now read more about the crew and their Mars mission in this report:
‘The Martian’ arrives on October 2nd, 2015.
Source: Comic Book Movie