Disney has once again teamed up with X-Prize to find a young inventor and/or innovator for their latest ‘Tomorrowland’ challenge.
Just like the challenge with the film ‘Big Hero 6,’ this challenge is designed to go hand in hand with the theme of the Disney film ‘Tomorrowland.’ Here, kids ages 8-17 are asked to image themselves travelling into the future and return bringing back news of an amazing invention or innovation they saw, explain how it works, how it affects the future and what can be done now to make that idea a reality.
(If you think about it, it’s a bit of a timey whimey paradox. After all, are you inventing in the present what was inspired by what you saw in the future that would not be invented had you not seen it, right? But I digress…)
The video below gives more details!
The Challenge is really a great opportunity for young minds to challenge themselves and contribute to positively change the world. Best of all, there are great prizes to be won! 6 winners will receive the following:
- A check for $3,000.00
- A 3D printer provided by 3D Systems™
- An IMAX® theatre experience for ten (10) people
- Reimbursement for one (1) registration for FIRST® LEGO® League for the 2015-2016 competition season in the U.S.
- An annual subscription to Tales2Go™
- Participation in the Disney Creativity Summer Mentorship Program
- Charter membership in Disney’s creativity initiative beginning summer 2015
So start astroplaning into the future as the deadline for submissions is on May 17, 2015 at 9pm PT. Good luck!