‘Black Widow’ marked the triumphant return to theaters for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but the film has seen its box office take decline sharply in the weeks since its opening. Possibly as a result of this, Disney today has announced that they are bumping up the digital release of the films across the various platforms; this, of course, is not to be confused with the “Premiere Early Access” that Disney+ subscribers can pay for to have access to the film via their account already.
The digital release is now coming in just a few weeks, on August 10th. The film’s physical release on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD will follow on September 14th. Both digital and physical releases will feature a large amount of extra content, including a blooper reel, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and nine deleted scenes for fans to enjoy.
Check out Disney’s official press release below, along with the trailer for the film. “Black Widow” stars Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Florence Pugh as Yelena Belova, Rachel Weisz as Melina, David Harbour as Alexei/Red Guardian, Ray Winstone as Dreykov, O-T Fagbenle as Mason, and William Hurt as Secretary Ross.
Marvel Studios’ “Black Widow” arrives early on all major digital platforms on Aug. 10 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on Sept. 14. “Black Widow” fans can enjoy the film in stunning Ultra HD quality and immersive Dolby Atmos audio along with never-before-seen bonus footage, including nine deleted scenes, bloopers and featurettes.
In Marvel Studios’ action-packed spy thriller “Black Widow,” Natasha Romanoff – aka Black Widow – confronts the darker parts of her ledger when a dangerous conspiracy with ties to her past arises. Pursued by a force that will stop at nothing to bring her down, Natasha must deal with her history as a spy and the broken relationships left in her wake long before she became an Avenger. Scarlett Johansson reprises her role as Natasha/Black Widow, Florence Pugh stars as Yelena, David Harbour portrays Alexei/The Red Guardian and Rachel Weisz is Melina. “Black Widow” – the first film in Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe – is directed by Cate Shortland and produced by Kevin Feige.
Marvel Studios’ “Black Widow” Bonus Features:
- Bloopers – Take a look at some of the fun mishaps on set with the cast and crew of “Black Widow.”
- Deleted Scenes:
- Grocery Shopping – Natasha heads into a grocery store to prepare for her journey through Norway. After a long drive, she arrives at her destination: a mysterious trailer in the middle of nowhere.
- Bike Chase – Tailed by assailants, Natasha and Yelena speed through the city in order to escape their nemeses.
- Gulag Fight – Alexei squares up against several enemies and is quickly overpowered. When all hope seems lost, Natasha leaps in to lend a hand in the fight.
- Smile – The Taskmaster protocol is activated in a tense moment, and an iconic helmet is unveiled.
- Come After Me – Secretary Ross and Mason discover an important message Natasha left behind.
- Walk and Talk – Alexei and Melina have a playful exchange. The Taskmaster arrives and faces off with Alexei.
- Widows in Training – Yelena and Alexei awaken in captivity. Melina hands the Taskmaster vials while the Widows train.
- Kiss – Alexei and Melina reunite after the action. Natasha grieves over an untimely demise in the brutal aftermath.
- Ohio – Natasha witnesses the carefree nature of the Ohio suburbs through the neighborhood children.
- Filmmaker Introduction Featurette – Director Cate Shortland introduces the film and her vision for it.
- Sisters Gonna Work It Out Featurette – Watch Scarlett and Florence as they train, fight, and bond to become the sister duo in “Black Widow.” Listen as the cast and crew discuss the characters, rigorous training, and building the dynamic between the two fearsome siblings.
- Go Big If You’re Going Home Featurette – Step back to appreciate the size and scale of “Black Widow”’s solo film. Shot around the world, the film balances family and drama with mind-blowing action. The cast and crew reveal the intricacies of stunts that made the film so action-packed.
‘Black Widow’ gets a US digital release on August 10, 2021, with a physical release on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD on September 14th, 2021.