The last time Lucasfilm released episode synopsis details for ‘The Mandalorian,’ we were teased with no details about Baby Yoda and the next three read equally as vague. They do tease that we’ll likely be meeting Gina Carano‘s character Cara Dune at long last, but there isn’t much to go on past that.
I know you want to dig in so you can check out what amounts to little more than loglines right here:
- Chapter 4: (premieres on Friday, November 29th and is directed by Bryce Dallas Howard)
- The Mandalorian teams up with an ex-soldier to protect a village from raiders.
- Chapter 5: (premieres on Friday, December 6th and is written and directed by Dave Filoni)
- The Mandalorian helps a rookie bounty hunter who is in over his head.
- Chapter 6: (premieres on Friday, December 13th and is directed by Rick Famuyiwa)
- The Mandalorian joins a crew of mercenaries on a dangerous mission.
With Dune being described as an ex-Rebel, it only feels likely that she would be the ex-soldier who is set to be introduced in Chapter 4. Of course, there is always the chance that she won’t be involved until we meet the “crew of mercenaries” in Chapter 6, but this is something we’ll have to wait until this Friday to learn.
It should be noted that there is no mention of Baby Yoda in these descriptions. It is unclear if the Mandalorian will be bringing him on all of his upcoming missions during the first season or if he plans on bringing him to a Mandalorian outpost to have him trained in their ways.
I suspect that Baby Yoda will likely be in the background throughout the first season and be the glue that builds the overall story arc of what we’ll be watching for another five episodes.
Are you excited about the next three chapters of ‘The Mandalorian’? How have you been enjoying the first live-action “Star Wars” series so far? Share your thoughts in the comments below!