The highest-grossing movie of all time, ‘Avengers: Endgame’ is available now on digital. If you are still waiting for a physical release, here’s a little something to tide you over– five deleted scenes. These are in addition to this one, in which the heroes kneel in honor of the fallen Tony Stark.
Each extra scene is about 30 seconds long:
“Goji Berries” – Who’s been eating all of the Starks’ goji berries?
“Bombs on Board” – War Machine doesn’t quite understand Cap’s origin.
“Suckiest Army in the Galaxy” – Rocket discovers the Avengers spent hours battling the worst army in the galaxy (the Chthauri). Because this was a deleted scene, the animation for Rocket is incomplete, and the image quality is pretty low.
“You Used to Frickin’ Live Here”- Same here, Rocket is incomplete. Also, Thor appears to do a lot of product placement in this scene, so the items he is holding are blurred out.
“Tony and Howard” – A little father-son bonding.
Not included here is the scene featuring Katherine Langford as Tony and pepper’s daughter Morgan, as an adult. It looks like Marvel and/or the Russo Brothers want that to stay buried. Also not included, oddly, is the Hulk bonus scene that was tacked on to the theatrical re-release version of ‘Endgame’. Maybe these will be added to the extra deluxe edition they release closer to Christmas. (I don’t KNOW that that’s a thing, but I wouldn’t be surprised.)
The home video releases will also include:
- Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
If you’ve made the jump to strictly-digital, for one thing, you can get the entire movie and all the extras right now, while we old fogies wait for the physical release. But there is also an extra featurette that is only being offered with the digital release– ‘One Last Dance’, a retrospective of Steve and Peggy’s relationship.
‘Avengers: Endgame’ is available now on digital, while the Blu-Ray, 4K HD and DVD versions will be released on August 13.