While there were some naysayers out there, we know that ‘Captain Marvel‘ wasn’t just another massive blockbuster for the Marvel Cinematic Universe but did a great job throwing another hero into the mix. With the home release of the latest film in the MCU out soon, it has been revealed that there will be six deleted scenes being released with it! One of those six is here and has Brie Larson’s Carol Danvers showing a group of Kree children how to fight in a way quite fitting to who she is.
You can watch the deleted ‘Captain Marvel’ scene called “Starforce Recruits” right here!
As to the other features in the home release, there are five more deleted scenes which are described as follows:
- “Who Do You Admire Above All Others?” – Kree Commander Yon-Rogg must answer to the Supreme Intelligence, who questions his leadership ability.
- Heading to Torfa – Vers (Danvers) and her fellow Starforce members banter as they prepare for their rescue mission to Torfa.
- “What, No Smile?” – In this alternate version of a scene from the movie, Vers is consulting a map when she receives a dubious offer of assistance.
- Black Box – Keller attempts to track Vers and Fury after their escape in a quadjet from the Joint U.S.A.F.A. Facility.
- Rookie Mistake – Novice S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson helps Director Keller out of an embarrassing situation.
There are also two alternate movie versions which just have a bit of virtual interaction with the creators:
- Movie with Intro – An introduction by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck
- Movie with Commentary – Commentary by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
Finally, there are a few featurettes you’ll likely want to check out inside the home version:
- Becoming a Super Hero – Follow Brie Larson’s journey as she joins the MCU, and see what it takes to be a Marvel Super Hero in every sense of the word.
- Big Hero Moment – Explore how impactful Captain Marvel’s entrance into the MCU is, and how she inspires audiences around the world.
- The Origin of Nick Fury – Witness some of the MCU’s most significant events through Nick Fury’s eyes, and see how his influence helped shape the MCU.
- The Dream Team – Discover why Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck are the perfect pair to direct Marvel Studios’ most powerful hero.
- The Skrulls and the Kree – Take a deeper look into the Skrulls and the Kree, their ongoing conflict, and the importance of shifting perspectives in the film.
- Hiss-sterical Cat-titude – The cast and crew dish on working with Goose and the raw talent it takes to portray such a complex character on-screen.
There is also a fun gag reel to enjoy in both copies. The digital copy has a few bonuses as well, such as:
- Journey into Visual Effects with Victoria Alonso – Experience how filmmakers’ visions of the MCU come to life on-screen through the skill of the Visual Effects team.
- What Makes a Memory: Inside the “Mind Frack” – What does it take to craft an action-packed sequence for a Marvel Studios film? Nothing short of an epic team effort!
- Concept Art – Explore artwork from “Captain Marvel” and trace the visual development of characters.
- On-Set Images – Uncover a trove of behind-the-scenes and production photography.
Did you enjoy the first deleted scene to surface from ‘Captain Marvel’? Which of the other features are you interested in checking out? Share your thoughts in the comments below, True Believers!
You can take ‘Captain Marvel’ home digitally on May 28th, 2019 and on Blu-ray on June 11th, 2019!