While the exact release date of ‘The Punisher‘ on Netflix is still up in the air, the network has confirmed that we’ll be seeing Jon Bernthal reprising his role of Frank Castle in 2017 with 5 new faces! That’s right folks, the studio has announced that Daniel Webber, Jason R. Moore, Paul Schulze, Jaime Ray Newman, and Michael Nathanson are all joining Ben Barnes, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, Amber Rose Revah, and Deborah Ann Woll to possibly round out the cast. No word as of yet if we’ll see any other new faces show up or possibly a certain Kingpin make an appearance but I wouldn’t count either of those options out.
So here is the breakdown of who the five latest cast members will be:
- Daniel Webber (‘11.22.63’) has been cast as Lewis Walcott, a young veteran who has had a difficult time re-assimilating into Civilian Society.
- Jason R. Moore (‘A Lonely Place for Dying’) joins as Curtis Hoyle, a friend of Frank Castle’s and one of the few people who knows he is alive.
- Paul Schulze (‘Nurse Jackie’) will play Rawlins, a high-ranking member of the CIA whose operations in Afghanistan intersect with Frank Castle.>
- Jaime Ray Newman (‘Bates Motel’) plays Sarah Lieberman, Micro’s wife (played by Ebon Moss-Bachrach) whose marriage has made her life far more complicated.
- Michael Nathanson (‘The Knick’,’Wolf of Wall Street’) has been cast as Sam Stein, a Homeland agent who is challenged by his partnership with Dinah (Amber Rose Revah).
There is a slew of story arcs that have The Punisher taking on corrupt branches of the military and with Hammer weaponry falling into the wrong hands in ‘Luke Cage’ there are a few ways that this story could even be potentially tied into what we’ve already seen. One name that specifically sticks out above is William Rawlins who in the comics is a CIA officer that sets up multiple terrorist cells and Curtis Hoyle is an Army officer that becomes part of a drug ring.
So, it sounds like we’ll be seeing these story arcs either referenced or fully adapted when the show kicks off and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if a certain Wilson Fisk ended up having a hand in things when it does.
Are you looking forward to the debut of ‘The Punisher’? Are you happy to hear that it will be in 2017 instead of the originally rumored 2018? Share your thoughts below True Believers!
Source: Slash Film
Stuart Conover is an author, blogger, and all around geek. When not busy being a father and husband he tries to spend as much time as possible immersed in comic books, science fiction, and horror! Would you like to know more? Follow him on Twitter!