Starting this weekend, AMC is leading up to the new season of ‘The Walking Dead‘ with an 88-hour marathon! This 19-day fest of all things walker related will include the 83 initial episodes of the series, the 2-hour retrospective special titled ‘The Walking Dead: Journey So Far‘, and the Season 7 premiere! It will be running from October 16th at 7am and kicks off with the first season and the first half of the second season which leads to the two-hour special. After that, the rest of the episodes will kick off at 6pm each night.
The series was initially launched during the 2010 FearFest horror themed marathon so it is fitting that they are airing the series smack dab in the middle of this years which kicks off on the 13th and runs through Halloween night. If ‘The Walking Dead’ isn’t what you love about horror though there is still over 300 hours of other horror films that will be aired throughout the month.
In fact, they’ve got some fun runs which will include:
- The original ‘Halloween’ 1-5 as well as Rob Zombie’s reboot
- The original ‘A Nightmare on Elm Street’ 1-5, ‘Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare, ‘Freddy vs Jason’, and the ‘A Nightmare on Elm Street’ reboot.
- Friday the 13th parts 1-10 and the reboot./li>
- The first 3 ‘The Amityville Horror’ films and the 2005 reboot.
- The 2 films from ‘The Exorcist’
- ‘The Omen’ 1-4
- ‘Alien’,’Aliens’,’Alien 3′, and ‘Alien: Resurrection’.
- ‘Child’s Play’ 2-5, sadly the first outing with Chucky doesn’t seem to be on the lineup.
- ‘Tremors’ 1-4
- Underworld 1-3
- And a whole slew of Stephen King movies including ‘Cuju’, ‘Carrie’, ‘Silver Bullet’,’ Thinner’, and so many more!
If you love horror than AMC is clearly one of your stops this Halloween season. While the network will be pretty zombie heavy with ‘The Walking Dead’ there are clearly a ton of other options which will be available as well.
Are you planning on checking out any of ‘The Walking Dead’ marathon as it airs? How about any of the horror franchises being broadcast during FearFest? Share your thoughts below!
Stuart Conover is an author, blogger, and all around geek. When not busy being a father and husband he tries to spend as much time as possible immersed in comic books, science fiction, and horror! Would you like to know more? Follow him on Twitter!