In preparation for the Blu-Ray debut of the film, it looks like Sony has released the first ten minutes of ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2‘ online. The studio seems pretty prepared for the big day having already revealed some deleted scenes, and I’m sure there will be a little more fanfare before the August 19th release.
If you haven’t seen the movie yet, or need a reminder, the introduction shows Spider-Man swinging through New York to chase down Paul Giamatti’s take on Aleksei Sytsevich. For those unfamiliar with the character, Sytsevich ends up being The Rhino who can briefly be viewed at the end of the film. Honestly, the entire chase felt very traditional from the comic in both how Spidey catches up to Sytsevich as well as how he captures him.
If anything, I felt that how he dealt with The Rhino was fitting with how he dealt with so many of the super-villains he encountered during his early years as a crime fighter which made so many of them resent him later on in their careers.
Take a look at the opening scenes of ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ below:
The introduction of the film really does capture a lot of how it ends up playing out on screen. It’s a movie you either ended up loving or hating but with the ‘Sinister Six‘ being released in 2016, an unnamed female superhero in the ‘Spider-Man’ universe being released in 2017, and ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 3‘ scheduled for 2018 they seem to still feel that there is a lot of love for our hero to go around.
What else can we expect on the release of the film?
Blu-ray & DVD Bonus Features Include:
- 4 All-New Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb
- Filmmaker Commentary
- Alicia Keys “It’s On Again” music video
Exclusively Available on Blu-ray:
- 9 Additional Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb, including “Peter Meets His Father”
- “The Wages of Heroism: Making The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” featuring revealing, in-depth segments including:
- “Lessons Learned: Development and Direction” — Filmmakers and cast discuss their approach to the sequel and their efforts to make it the best Spider-Man yet.
- “Heart of the City: Shooting in New York” — A behind-the-scenes look at the film’s unprecedented access to New York City during production.
- “Triple Threat: Attack of the Villains” — An inside look at the development of Spider-Man’s fearsome foes, Electro, the Green Goblin and Rhino.
- “A More Dangerous World: Transforming Electro and the Green Goblin” — From make-up to costuming, see what it took to transform Jamie Foxx and Dane DeHaan into their fearsome alter-egos.
- “A Bolt From the Blue: Visual Effects” — Sony Pictures Imageworks artists and animators show how they created the gravity defying, web-slinging and pumped-up action in the new film.
- “Spidey Gets His Groove Back: Music and Editing” — Learn how the film’s soundtrack and score came together in this behind-the-scenes look at jam sessions with Composer Hans Zimmer and the team of master musicians he assembled, including Pharrell Williams, Johnny Marr, Michael Einziger and more.
Exclusive to the DVD:
- New Public Service Announcement for the Worldwide Orphans Foundation (WWO), featuring Andrew Garfield & WWO CEO Dr. Jane Aronson
Did you think the intro to the movie and the rest were a fun watch? Are you going to be picking up a copy of the home video version when it’s released? Which special feature are you most looking forward to? Share your thoughts below!
‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ is set to swing into your living rooms on Blu-Ray and DVD on August 19th, 2014