If you were undecided about seeing ‘Evil Dead‘ and needed some motivation one way or another, I’m pretty sure the first ten minutes of the film will give you an idea what it’s about.The film starts with a bang and will give you an idea of what to expect when the DVD and Blu-Ray copy comes out on July 16th (that’s today ladies and gentlemen!).
The film was directed by Fede Alvarez and produced by Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell. It’s a modern day (and much more serious) take on the original film about a group of 20 year olds that are staying in a remote cabin. For ‘Cabin in the Woods’ fans, this is where it all really began. Long gone is the campy fun from the first film, and in its place is an amazingly well executed tribute to the brand of horror films where you are trapped alone in the woods fighting for your survival. The group finds the Book of the Dead and as they start listening to the incantations from a recording of the translation of the book, they find that all hell breaks loose.
Having earned well over $100 million at the box office, the film was a success among audiences and viewers alike. If you liked what you see in the 10 minute clip below, here’s what the DVD will feature:
Bonus features on the DVD Include:
- Commentary featuring stars Jane Levy, Lou Taylor Pucci, Jessica Lucas, Director Fede Alvarez and writer Rodo Sayagues (Blu-ray exclusive)
- “Making Life Difficult” – The Intense and Physically Exhausting Creation of the Film
- “Being Mia” – The Physical and Psychological Transformation into “Evil Mia”
- “Directing The Dead” – Director Fede Alvarez re-imagines a cult horror classic
- “Unleashing The Evil Force” – Exploring the origins and design of the new Book of the Dead (Blu-ray exclusive)
- “Evil Dead the Reboot” – Cast Rehearsals, Bruce Campbell, Deadites and more! (Blu-ray exclusive)
What did you think of the Evil Dead remake? Did you enjoy it? Are you looking forward to the Evil Dead sequel that is clearly on the way? Sound off after the video below!
Source: Shock Till You Drop