For those of you who will want to revisit HBO’s ‘Game of Thrones’ without continuing to subscribe to the network or just want to own your own copy of the complete series – this limited edition box set might be for you! ‘Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection’ is one of the most beautifully crafted Blu-ray releases which has been compiled to date and is being labeled as an “ultra-premium” release.
The eight seasons will come in a “visually stunning wooden shadow box case, featuring beautiful, multi-layered panel designs by Robert Ball.” As you can tell from the images, he really did an excellent job at putting his heart and soul into it with each of the seasons being shown off in a different layer which features the key characters and moments from the show.
You can check out the trailer for this collection here:
As for bonus features, this release is full of them! You’ll get:
Game of Thrones®: The Complete Collection and Game of Thrones: The Complete Series on Blu-rayTM Bonus Features Include:
- Game of Thrones: Reunion Special: A reunion show shot live in Belfast with the cast, both past, and present, hosted by Conan O’Brien and available exclusively on these complete series collections. The reunion special is assembled in segments focused on Houses Lannister, Stark, & Targaryen and concludes with the key players all onstage for their final reflections on the years they shared in Westeros and Essos.
- Bonus content and retail exclusive videos from previously released individual season box sets, totaling more than 15 hours of extra materials for fans to explore when they’ve finished watching the series.
Complete Series and Season 8 formats also exclusively feature:
- Game of Thrones: The Last Watch: A documentary featured on DVD in two parts by filmmaker Jeanie Finlay chronicling the making of the final season.
- When Winter Falls: Exclusive 30-minute featurette with showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, along with major stars and behind-the-scenes players, breaking down all that went into the colossal filming of the “Battle of Winterfell” in Season 8, Episode 3.
- Duty is the Death of Love: A compelling look at how the team behind Game of Thrones and its major stars, including Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage and Emilia Clarke, brought the show to its conclusion in the series finale, “The Iron Throne.”
- Audio Commentaries: 10 Audio Commentaries with cast and crew, including the show’s creators, Benioff and Weiss, on the final season.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes: 5 never-before-seen deleted or extended scenes from season 8.
- Histories and Lore: New animated pieces giving the history and background of notable season 8 locations and storylines.
While this entire feature is stunning, my only concern is that it doesn’t specify if this is a 4k release and if this were to get an updated edition with 4k in the future that would be irksome, to say the least.
You can take a closer look at the complete set in the images below!
Are you looking forward to taking home a copy of ‘Game of Thrones’? Will you be picking up this one? Does it matter to you if this particular edition is in 4k or not? Share your thoughts in the comments below!