Hello and welcome one and all to yet another Toy News Tuesday! We’re the one weekly column right here on ScienceFiction.com where we seek out all of the awesome news you need to know about any announcements and cool happenings in the toy industry and put them all in one easy to find place for you! There’s one last column to squeeze in before the end of April, and it’s a doozy! This week we’ve announcements from Neca, Hot Toys, Mezco, and more, including our weekly Funko roundup! So strap in for all the best toy news for the week of April 30th, 2019!
You’ll Float, Version 2
With the success of the 2017 remake, Stephen King’s ‘It’ is back in the spotlight. But while much of the focus has naturally been on Bill Skarsgard’s incarnation of killer clown Pennywise, he’s not the only game in town. After all, who could forget the version Tim Curry’s iconic take on the character from the 1990 TV adaptation? Certainly not Neca, who have released a new batch of images of the upcoming second version of their Ultimate 7” Pennywise, which is due to hit stores in the third quarter of this year.
- From the revered 1990 horror mini-series Stephen King’s IT, Pennywise the killer clown is back in a new Ultimate figure! Based on Tim Curry’s portrayal of the terrifying clown, this 7″ scale figure is faithful to his on-screen appearance and packed with detail and accessories. Pennywise is fully articulated and features a total of three all new interchangeable heads, plus interchangeable hands (including a massive monster hand), “Turn Back Now” balloon and 3-D “emerging hand” book. Comes in collector-friendly deluxe window box packaging with opening flap.
Hail To The King!
We don’t yet know who will sit on the Iron Throne when ‘Game of Thrones’ ends its run in the coming weeks, so ThreeZero is instead looking back at rulers of old. Their latest 1/6 scale offering is a stunning representation of the sadistic tyrant Joffrey Baratheon. Packaged with a plethora of interchangeable parts, including hands, hairpieces, and of course weapons, the figure is now up for pre-order as both a standard edition and a deluxe version that includes an exclusive Widow’s Wail sword and its accompanying scabbard.
As we eagerly watch to see who will sit the Iron Thron in the final season of HBO’s hit series Game of Thrones, Threezero invites you to celebrate with us all that it is at least certainly not Joffrey Baratheon!
Our officially licensed Game of Thrones series of 1/6 scale collectible figures continues with King Joffrey Baratheon, which will be available for pre-order on 29 April, 9:00am HKT at https://www.threezerohk.com – priced at $178 USD / 1385 HKD / 1190 RMB with worldwide shipping included.
Threezero will also offer a Deluxe Edition that includes Joffrey’s sword “Widow’s Wail,” half of the two swords reforged from the melted down blade of Ned Stark’s greatsword “Ice.” The “Widow’s Wail” sword and scabbard accessory will be exclusive to the Deluxe Edition and priced at $188 USD / 1465 HKD / 1260 RMB with worldwide shipping included.
1/6 Game of Thrones King Joffrey Baratheon collectible details:
* 11.5 inches (~29cm) custom designed action figure body
* Realistic head sculpt capturing the likeness of actor Jack Gleeson
* Interchangeable hair with Crown
* Intricately tailored cloth tunic
* Royal sash
* Black trousers
* Hip quiver
* Exchangeable hands
– 1 pair of fists
– 1 pair relaxed
– 2 pairs opened
* Arrows (x5)
Deluxe Edition Exclusive:
* “Widow’s Wail” sword with scabbard
Go Straight To Hellboy
Chronicle Collectibles new Hellboy statue is up for pre-order! The statue is modeled after the version portrayed by David Harbour in the recently released film and depicts the character as Anung Un Rama – the beast of the apocalypse. The massive piece stands 27” tall on a 12” diameter base and features a handful of interchangeable parts, including a standard Hellboy head and a pistol (to swap for the sword). It is set for release in the first quarter of 2020.
It’s time to give evil hell! Celebrate the release of the new film Hellboy with this striking 1:4 scale Hellboy statue!
As soon as we saw the advance poster for the film, highlighting Hellboy as he embraces his true demonic form, we were determined to turn it into a statue. As he looks ominously towards some unseen threat, you can just tell Hellboy is ready to take care of business. Using digital assets and imagery provided by the studio, we have captured Hellboy’s fearsome pose as he rises up from the depths of hell with his prominent horns on full display, Right Hand of Doom at the ready, pistol on his side, and the flaming Excalibur sword resting easy on his shoulders. Standing at a staggering 27” tall by 12” in diameter, make no mistake, this statue is going to be legendary.
The 1:4 scale Hellboy statue is fully sculpted and features the muscular, bright red body and Right Hand of Doom. Hellboy stands atop the perfect base to complement him with a look of obsidian and lava forcing upward underneath his feet. In addition to revealing his magnificent horns, Hellboy comes donning his iconic crown of flame. Near the pistol on his waist, Hellboy is outfitted with pouches and other gear for carrying out his Bureau For Paranormal Research and Defense duties. And of course, Hellboy wouldn’t be complete without his tail, which lurks curiously out behind him.
If you’re a Hellboy fan, you owe it to yourself to own the most epic representation of this extraordinarily distinct character. Raise some hell and order the 1:4 Hellboy statue today!
- Includes an exchangeable head for the usual Hellboy look
- Includes an exchangeable hand to swap the sword for his pistol
- Limited Edition 150 pieces
- Crafted in Polyresin
- Armed to hell! Features Excalibur, pistol, & Right Hand of Doom!
- Created using digital assets and imagery from the studio
- 12” wide, 14” deep, and 27” tall
- Estimated to Ship Q1 2020
In Space, Nobody Can Hear You Sculpt
Neca has typically focused their ‘Alien’ offerings on the sequels, with ‘Aliens’ being particularly well represented. But this year marks the fortieth anniversary of the original film’s release and what better way to celebrate ‘Alien’ than to bring some of the movie’s iconic cast to display shelves everywhere? Joining their previously announced Denis Parker figure, Neca has released an Alien Day preview of the next 7” figure in the anniversary line – Samuel Brett! Like Parker, Brett is due later this year.
We’re in the endgame now, not only at movie theaters but in the toy aisle as well! Diamond Select Toys has confirmed that their ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Minimates are now available in stores. The wave includes an assortment that is exclusive to Walgreens stores and a box set that is available through comic and specialty shops.
Avengers Assemble! The Endgame is upon us, and everyone is on the edge of their seat! We may not know what’s going to happen, but one thing’s for sure, when we come out of the movie we’re going to want some cool collectibles of our favorite characters! Luckily, new Avengers Endgame Minimates have just assembled in Walgreens stores and comic shops nationwide!
Four two-packs are now available exclusively at Walgreens stores, each pairing two cast members from the sure-to-be-blockbuster film – Iron Man with Thanos, Black Widow with Hawkeye, Hulk with War Machine, and Quantum Suit Captain America with Quantum Suit Rocket. That last pack also includes alternate parts to turn Captain America into Thor, complete with Stormbreaker!
In comic shops now, a special exclusive Marvel Minimates box set brings four more figures – including alternate looks to create more characters – into the game! The set includes Tony Stark in his Quantum suit, with alternate heads for Hawkeye and Ant-Man; Black Widow with an alternate head for Nebula; Quantum Suit Hulk and Quantum Suit War Machine. Buy two sets to get all the bodies you need to make all the characters!
Each 2-inch block figure features 14 points of articulation and fully interchangeable parts.
Hot Toys Arrives At The Endgame
‘Avengers: Endgame’ is a masterpiece, so it’s only appropriate that it should be accompanied by a set of Movie Masterpiece figures! Courtesy of Hot Toys, the next installments in the line are 1/6 scale figures of Captain America and Black Widow. Each includes its own assortment of interchangeable parts and accessories. Two of Cap’s have not yet been officially confirmed in order to avoid spoiling the film, but if you contributed to its billion dollar opening weekend, you can probably make an educated guess.
Avengers: Endgame Black Widow 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure
“This is going to work, Steve.” – Black Widow
After the events of Avengers: Infinity War, half of the population disappeared in the universe. As one of the most compelling characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Black Widow’s hand-to-hand deadly combat skills are unmatched. Teaming up with Captain America, this master spy can’t quit at the moment, especially since the Avengers’ next mission appears to be an incredibly impossible one.
Tomorrow, Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame will be arriving at worldwide theatres! Given unprecedented popularity of the character, Hot Toys is elated to present this talented assassin and founding member of the Avengers – Black Widow in 1/6th scale collectible figure!
Delicately crafted based on the appearance of Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow in the movie, the figure features a newly developed head sculpt with remarkable likeness and beautifully braided hair sculpture in her distinctive color, tactical battle suit styled with red markings, highly detailed weapons including articulated pistols, batons and a movie-themed figure stand with an interchangeable graphic card.
Display the Black Widow figure alongside with other Avengers: Endgame members! This will sure to be something that you do not want to miss!
– Product Code: MMS533
– Product Name: Black Widow
– Height: Approximately 28 cm tall
– Points of Articulations: 28
– Special Features: Reddish brown hair sculpture with braided hair style, one-piece jumpsuit with shoulder armor
The 1/6th scale Black Widow Collectible Figure specially features:
– Newly developed head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow in Avengers: Endgame
– Movie-accurate facial expression and make-up
– Highly detailed reddish brown hair sculpture of Black Widow with braided hair style
– Body with over 28 points of articulations
– Approximately 28 cm tall
– Eight (8) pieces of interchangeable black color gloved hands including:
– One (1) pair of fists
– One (1) pair of relaxed hands
– One (1) pair of hands for holding pistols
– One (1) pair of hands for holding batons
– Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
– One (1) black-colored one-piece jumpsuit with shoulder armor
– One (1) pair of red and black-colored wrist guards with Widow’s Bite bracelets
– One (1) black-colored belt with pistol holsters on thighs
– One (1) pair of black-colored platform boots
– One (1) long baton
– Two (2) short batons
– Two (2) articulated pistols
– One (1) non-detachable baton backpack with two (2) baton handles
– One (1) specially designed graphic card with character icon
– A movie-themed figure stand with movie logo and character name
– Head Sculpted by So young Lee
– Head Painted by E-Lee & JC.Hong
– Head Art Directed by Yulli
Avengers: Endgame Captain America 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure
“Today we have a chance to take it all back. We will. Whatever it takes.”
Famous for his superhuman strength and an indestructible shield, Steve Rogers who born with the will to carry on, and finds himself called into action to complete a mission with the universe’s entire existence on the line. The Super-Soldier will need to bring together his surviving Avengers companions and the World’s Mightiest Heroes.
As a war hero, national symbol, enemy of oppression and a key member of the Avengers, Steve Rogers has proved his great leadership and importance throughout all these years in Marvel Cinematic Universe productions, and continues to earn hearts of Marvel fans in this remarkable journey. Today, Hot Toys proudly present the 1/6th scale Captain America collectible figure taken direct inspiration from the last installment of The Infinity Saga.
The highly-accurate collectible figure is expertly crafted based on the appearance of Chris Evans as Captain America/Steve Rogers from Avengers: Endgame. It features a newly painted helmeted head sculpt with three interchangeable lower faces capturing Chris Evan’s facial expressions and an un-helmeted head sculpt, a muscular body which naturally portray Captain America’s muscularly toned body, a meticulously tailored outfit with star emblem on the chest, Cap’s star-spangled shield, a delicate compass, a signature helmet and a specially designed movie-themed figure stand.
What’s more, additional accessories will be coming soon! So stay tuned, we are about to reveal big surprise!
Marvel fans, be sure to pick up the Captain of the Avengers to fight this war for lives!
– Product Code: MMS536
– Product Name: Captain America
– Height: Approximately 31 cm tall
– Points of Articulations: 30
– Special Features: A circular red and blue Captain America shield with silver star emblem and weathering effect, Captain America helmet, A compass
The 1/6th scale Captain America Collectible Figure specially features:
– Authentic and detailed likeness of Chris Evans as Captain America in Avengers: Endgame
– One (1) newly painted Captain America helmeted head sculpt with three (3) interchangeable lower part of faces capturing Chris Evans’s facial expressions
– One (1) newly painted un-helmeted head sculpt
– Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed hair and skin texture
– Newly developed body with over 30 points of articulations which naturally portray Captain America’s muscular body in the film
– Approximately 31 cm tall
– Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
– One (1) pair of fists
– One (1) pair of shield holding hands
– One (1) shield throwing right hand
– One (1) shield catching left hand
– One (1) finger pointing right hand
– Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
– One (1) navy blue-colored scale patterned Captain America suit with red trims and silver star emblem on chest
– One (1) pair of navy blue-colored embossed patterned pants with pouches, knee pads
– One (1) pair of fabric coated elbow pads
– One (1) pair of fabric coated knee pads
– One (1) brown-colored leather-like back shield holder and body strap
– One (1) brown-colored leather-like belt with pouches
– One (1) pair of dark brown-colored boots
– One (1) circular red and blue Captain America shield with silver star emblem and weathering effect
– One (1) Captain America helmet
– One (1) compass
– A movie-themed figure stand with movie logo and character name
– *Additional accessories coming soon
– Head Sculpted by Seung-min, Kang
– Head Painted by JC. Hong & E-Lee
– Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
Super 7 Heads For Snake Mountain
Ask and you shall receive! Fans have spent years practically begging for a Snake Mountain play set, and it’s finally on its way. Though it was first unveiled at last year’s San Diego Comic Con, we’ve now been given a lot more detail. Most strikingly, the set is massive, measuring three feet tall by four feet wide. It’s also packed with details (some of which are highlighted in the photos below). But if you want one for your collection, you’ll have to act quickly, as the $600 set will be available to pre-order from May 1st to May 31st.
Here we go at last! The evil Skeletor’s massive, and we mean MASSIVE, fortress is here! The Masters of the Universe Collector’s Choice Snake Mountain Playset stands 36-inches high and opens to a staggering 48-inches wide, making it the most absurdly large Masters of the Universe playset ever made!
The highly detailed Snake Mountain playset features:
– Demon with moveable jaw
– Narrow bridge of red hot lava falls
– Functioning trap door
– Real chains to shackle Skeletor’s enemies
– Break-away wall secret entrance
– Skeletor’s table and bone throne
– Horrifying dungeon creatures
– and more!
The Masters of the Universe Collector’s Choice Snake Mountain Playset will be available for pre-order from May 1st to 31st for $600 (plus shipping) and a 6-month payment plan will be available. Figures are not included.
In Your Dreams!
The Mezco Designer Series is headed to Elm Street with its next offering. The Springwood Slasher himself, Freddy Krueger is coming to the line and is now available for pre-order. The 6” figure, which features a removable fedora and twelve points of articulation, will retail for $33 when it arrives this autumn.
Freddy Krueger, based on ‘A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors’, is here to invade the Mezco Designer Series…and your dreams too!
Freddy features a sinister smirk and is presented in his signature striped sweater. The dream demon comes complete with his infamous razor glove and a removable fedora.
The MDS Freddy Krueger figure stands approximately 6” tall and features 12 points of articulation. He comes packaged in a collector-friendly window box, perfect for display.
“Look Ma, No Blood!”
Also up for pre-order now is the latest addition to the Mezco One:12 Collective: Moon Knight! Featuring the usual assortment of interchangeable hands and weapons, Moon Knight is set to be released this fall and will retail for $80.
The One:12 Collective Moon Knight is presented in a fitted suit with 3D crescent insignia and removable hoods. The mystically-enhanced vigilante comes complete with two head portraits and a range of combat weapons including a crescent blade, staff, nunchucks, and a grappling hook baton.
During a mission in Sudan, Marc Spector was left to die in the dessert by the hands of a bloodthirsty terrorist. Discovered by locals, Spector was brought to a tomb and placed at the foot of a statue of the moon god, Khonshu. After being pronounced dead, Spector arose suddenly, claiming Khonshu had restored him to life. Donning a cloak taken from Khonshu’s statue, Spector became Moon Knight, delivering vengeance in Khonshu’s name.
THE ONE:12 COLLECTIVE MOON KNIGHT FIGURE FEATURES:
One:12 Collective body with over 32 points of articulation
Two (2) head portraits
Hand painted authentic detailing
Approximately 17cm tall
Eight (8) interchangeable hands including
One (1) pair of fists (L & R)
One (1) pair of posing hands (L & R)
One (1) pair of grabbing hands (L & R)
One (1) pair of throwing blade hands (L & R)
Fitted suit with 3D crest insignia
Two (2) hoods (removable)
One (1) crescent blade
One (1) staff
One (1) pair of nunchucks
One (1) grappling hook baton
One (1) One:12 Collective display base with logo
One (1) One:12 Collective adjustable display post
Each One:12 Collective Moon Knight figure is packaged in a collector friendly box, designed with collectors in mind.
We Are Venom
Inspired by Marvel’s ‘Venomized’ crossover, Funko is here with a slightly twisted selection of classic Marvel heroes, including Daredevil, Rocket Raccoon, X-23, and more!
They’ll Put A Spell On You
For the latest of their Pop! Disney offerings, Funko is bringing us something magical. This time, they’re showing some love to the classic film ‘Hocus Pocus’, with Pop! vinyls of all three Sanderson sisters!
Pray For Forgiveness
But not all of Funko’s offerings can be so family-friendly, as their excursion to the Conjuring-verse attests. Inspired by ‘The Nun’, this latest wave features not one but two variations on the titular creature.
I Am Vengeance! I Am The Night! I Am… 80!
As the celebration of Batman’s eightieth anniversary continues, Funko is getting into the spirit by offering Pop! versions of some of the more memorable variations on the Caped Crusader that the last eight decades have to offer. The latest assortment the vampiric Batman of ‘Red Rain’ and the cinematic Batman brought to life by Val Kilmer in 1995’s ‘Batman Forever’.
And with that, we bring this week’s Toy News Tuesday to a close! What do you think about the new items announced this week? Do you plan on picking up anything we mentioned in this week’s column? Are there any lines or brands you’d like to see more coverage of? Let us know in the comments section below!