Likely due to a lengthy international release, Marvel Studios has been radio silent as to when fans could take home a copy of ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp‘ and now we’ve learned not only when we can get our hands on a copy but what it will contain! You’ll be able to further grow your digital Marvel Cinematic Universe collection by picking up a copy of the film on both Digital HD and Movies Anywhere on October 2nd, 2018! For those who prefer physical media the DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K Blu-ray will be unlocked from the Quantum Realm on October 16th, 2018!
We’re under a month away from digital and just over that for physical releases of the latest film set in the MCU.
If you’re looking to snag the digital release of the movie there are two exclusive featured that you’ll have a chance to check out which are:
- 10 Years of Marvel Studios: The Art of the Marvel Cinematic Universe – See what it takes to bring the MCU to life, and the role concept artists play in bringing Super Heroes from comic book to screen.
- Online Close-Up Magic University – This commercial will inspire you to expand your mind and maximize your full potential!
Beyond that, both sets of releases will also contain:
- Director’s Intro by Peyton Reed – The talented creator behind some of Marvel Studios’ funniest and most charming films will invite home audiences deeper into the world of “Ant-Man and The Wasp.”
For fans of behind-the-scenes and making-of featurettes, there will be plenty to check out here including:
- Back in the Ant Suit: Scott Lang – Hero and all-star dad Scott Lang keeps the laughs coming for the audience, cast and crew.
- A Suit of Her Own: The Wasp – Highly trained Hope Van Dyne is now the Wasp. See how some of her craziest stunts and action-packed scenes were brought to life.
- Subatomic Super Heroes: Hank & Janet – Hank Pym’s wife Janet was lost in the quantum realm. Trace the legacy of these characters and the iconic actors who portray them.
- Quantum Perspective: The VFX and Production Design of “Ant-Man and The Wasp” – Explore the movie’s visual effects and production design from a whole new viewpoint, in which every micro and macro detail counts.
- Gag Reel and Outtakes – Audiences are treated to the hilarious quips that did not make the film as well as exclusive outtakes from Stan Lee and Tim Heidecker.
- Gag Reel – Join in the fun with these outtakes from the set.
- Stan Lee Outtakes – Stan Lee tries out a series of hilarious one-liners for the scene in which his car shrinks.
- Tim Heidecker Outtakes – Check out Whale Boat Captain Daniel Goobler and his improvised whale-watching riffs.
It should be noted that the “Quantum Perspective” hinted at above is something that the creative team was very excited to release when they previously mentioned it.
These days, what film is released without a plethora of Deleted Scenes as well! These will also include commentary by Director Peyton Reed. Surprisingly, there are only two which will be included here:
- Worlds Upon Worlds – As Janet leads Hank through the surreal landscape of the quantum realm, they encounter an intelligent life form.
- Sonny’s on the Trail – On the hunt for Hank Pym and his lab, Sonny Burch and his henchmen check the security camera of a neighborhood bookstore.
While I was hoping for more deleted scenes, I love what they are sharing with us!
The BIGGEST heroes of the summer are coming home on Digital, #MoviesAnywhere, and 4K Ultra HD October 2 and Blu-ray October 16! Pre-order Marvel Studios’ #AntManAndTheWasp today: https://t.co/XsE6eusepz @AntMan pic.twitter.com/Sl4JxpP1N5
— Marvel Entertainment (@Marvel) September 10, 2018
Do you plan on bringing home ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ when it is available for purchase? Which of the special features are you most excited to see? Share your thoughts in the comments below, True Believers!
‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ will be available on Digital HD and Movies Anywhere on October 2nd, 2018 with a DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K Blu-ray on October 16th, 2018!