We were previously told that “Ash is done if Starz cancelled ‘Ash vs Evil Dead‘ and now Bruce Campbell is doubling down on that statement. We know that Campbell feels the part was “the ride of a lifetime” but anyone hoping that Netflix would pick the series up should temper their expectations.
Even if a deal could go through, which seems unlikely with the focus on original content over at Netflix these days, Campbell is done. Fully done. The retired kind of done even.
When an article hit that pushed fans to try and petition Netflix to pick up the show, Campbell retweeted it but included a bit of commentary:
“Big props to fans for the effort, but I’m retired as Ash. #timetofrysomeotherfish.”
Sorry folks, unless we have the other Ash from the reboot making a comeback, this is the end of ‘Evil Dead’ as we know it. That being said, I really wouldn’t mind the actual horror version of this world making another outing.
— Bruce Campbell (@GroovyBruce) April 23, 2018
A full three seasons of ‘Ash vs. Evil Dead’ were probably three seasons most fans never thought would happen. After the franchise was rebooted in film, it seemed likely that Campbell would never be strapping on a chainsaw to take out Deadite hordes again. We’ve already gotten a slew of new stories with the actor as Ash, and they had shot the Season 3 finale as a series finale so we shouldn’t be left off with too horrible of a cliffhanger.
Are you sad to know that ‘Ash vs. Evil Dead’ will be the bookend to the franchise which started back in 1981 with the original ‘The Evil Dead’? Was the show able to do the films justice in your opinion? Share your groovy thoughts below!
Source: Entertainment Weekly