Fans of the 80s have never been more ready as ‘Ready Player One’ is about to feed our love of nostalgia on an epic scale and we’ve got 25 new shots to prove it! Steven Spielberg was the clear choice to direct this film with how much his past work has influenced the source material, and it will be fun to see how he treats his and other’s properties from the same era.
We’ve recently learned that Lucasfilm didn’t want “Star Wars’ ending up in the film, but we did find a list of some other companies which did end up being included! We’ll get to that after the new shots from the film.
As to who ended up contributing rights to the film the list includes:
- Atari Properties courtesy of Atari Interactive, Inc.
- Courtesy of Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc. and Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Courtesy of Bethesda Softworks LLC
- Courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment
- Courtesy of Capcom U.S.A., Inc./Capcom Co., Ltd.
- Courtesy of CBS Television Studios
- Courtesy of Disney Enterprises, Inc.
- Courtesy of Electronic Arts
- Courtesy of Gearbox Software
- Courtesy of Hasbro, Inc.
- Courtesy of The Jim Henson Company, Inc.
- Courtesy of Kodansha Ltd.
- Courtesy of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
- Courtesy of Mattel, Inc.
- Courtesy of MGM Media Licensing
- Courtesy of Microsoft Corporation
- The Estate of Toshiro Mifune and Mifune Productions
- Courtesy of Mojang AB
- Courtesy of Nickelodeon & Viacom Media Networks
- “War of the Worlds” courtesy of Paramount Pictures
- Courtesy of Rare Ltd.
- Courtesy of Sanrio Company, Ltd.
- Sonic the Hedgehog courtesy of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Courtesy of Sesame Workshop
- Courtesy of Sony Pictures Entertainment and Columbia Pictures
- Courtesy of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Courtesy of Sunrise, Inc.
- Robot B9 from “Lost in Space” appears courtesy of Legend Pictures, LLC Licensed by Synthesis Entertainment Courtesy of Tatsunoko Production
- Mechagodzilla licensed by Toho Company Limited
- Courtesy of The Topps Company, Inc.
- Serenity, Dropship, and other Fox Properties courtesy of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation Courtesy of Universal Studios Licensing LLC
- Courtesy of Valve Corporation
- Courtesy of WEP LLC
- Dungeons & Dragons courtesy of Wizards of the Coast
Impressive is an understatement!
Are you looking forward to ‘Ready Player One’? Which of these shots was your favorite so far? What are you most looking forward to in the movie? Share your thoughts in the comments below!