Widely considered one of Pixar’s finest films (which is no mean feat, to be sure), ‘The Incredibles’ secured a place in audiences’ hearts almost immediately upon its 2004 release. Now, over a decade later, a sequel is finally nearing its release. Disney has thus far been playing fairly close to the vest in terms of what they’ve chosen to reveal about the upcoming film, but a recent casting announcement has shed new light on several of the characters who will be joining the Parr family when they return to the big screen.
The announcement includes a mixture of new cast members and new character details about some that have already been announced. First, let’s cover the newly announced cast members:
- Jonathan Banks is the wonderfully named Rick Dicker, a government official who helps the Parr’s keep their identities secret
- Sophia Bush is Voyd, an aspiring superhero and fan of Elastigirl. He powers allow her to create voids, with which she can make objects appear and disappear.
- Isabella Rossellini is Ambassador, an activist who campaigns for the legalization of superheroes.
In addition, additional information was released regarding the following previously announced cast members:
- Bob Odenkirk will be playing Winston Deavor, head of a telecommunications company and superhero fan who hopes to bring heroes out of hiding by redefining their public image.
- Catherine Keener appears as Evelyn Deavor, Winston’s genius sister.
The film will also see the return of original cast members Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Sarah Vowell, and Samuel L. Jackson, all of whom will reprise their original roles. The role of Dash will now be played by Huck Milner, as Spencer Fox (who voiced him in the original film) has long since gone through puberty.
Be sure to check back with ScienceFiction.com for more information on the film as it becomes available!
‘The Incredibles 2’ is due for release on June 15, 2018.