Though it’s future was uncertain following the quiet removal of their movie from the Phase Three roster, ‘Inhumans’ will be making a huge impact on the Marvel Cinematic Universe when their upcoming ABC show becomes the first live-action television series to premiere at a theater near you in IMAX 3D. Although, when that major announcement was made, there was no official word on which characters would be making the jump from the pages of Marvel Comics to the big screen (and then the small screen). But now, it seems like we have the line-up of which big name Inhumans will be debuting in this unprecedented cross-platform endeavor.
Sources close to The Hashtag Show have revealed the roster of characters that will star in the upcoming ‘Inhumans’ series on ABC. Naturally, the names have been changed on the descriptions, but long-time fans should be able to decipher who is who. We’ll even give you a hint: The first letter of each name corresponds with the first letter of the actual name that the blurb describes. Now check out the character breakdown below and see if you can figure it out for yourself.
- Broderick — male, 30-40, Caucasian. Can say volumes with just a look. Strong thoughtful and private, he’s unaccustomed to being questioned or feeling a need to answer to anyone, to an extent can verge on arrogance.
- Marjorie — Female, 30-40, Caucasian. An elegant and intelligent advisor to her husband, she struggles to find her place outside of their relationship, as others tend to view her as just a pretty face. Strong and resourceful, she’s not afraid to break the rules when the situation demands it.
- Marty — Male, 30-40, Caucasian. Broderick’s younger brother; he is intelligent, charming and articulate. He comes across as a man of the people but secretly covets power.
- Kevin — Male, 30-40, Open. Slight of build, his mind is his greatest asset. Always prepared with a plan, his outlook on life is the glass is always half-empty and often cracked and dirty as well. Though his outlook can be grim he has a droll, dry sense of humor.
- Grady — Male, 25-35, Open. Impetuous and brash, he has serious impulse control issues which frequently get him into trouble, whether it’s women, booze or fighting. He loves life and lives in the moment, for better or worse.
- Christine — Female, 18-25 to play 18, Caucasian. Soulful but still learning the ways of the world, she has the arrogance of youth. Impetuous and independent, she is also deeply devoted to her family.
- Timothy – Male, 25-35, Open, SFXMU required. Supremely athletic. The ultimate picture of cool. He’s calm under pressure and willing to do anything to get the job done.
Have you figured it out? If not, here are the answers: Broderick is Black Bolt, the King of the Inhumans with a voice that could level mountains. Marjorie is Medusa, the queen with a literal wild mane of hair. Marty is the conniving younger brother of Black Bolt, Maximus. Kevin is the living weapon Karnak. Grady is the horse-legged and hotheaded Gorgon. Christine is the young, free-spirited, element-wielder Crystal. And finally, Timothy is the amphibious Triton.
The only one missing is Lockjaw, the oversized and adorable teleporting dog. But his absence from this line-up doesn’t exactly mean that he’ll be left out. He’ll probably be entirely CGI, so they don’t really need to cast him. That is, unless they want to call in a big name to voice him like ‘Moana’ did with the chicken Hei-hei, who was voiced by ‘Rogue One’ and ‘Serenity’ star Alan Tudyk.
What do you think about this call sheet for ‘Inhumans’? What other characters do you think will be involved in the eight-episode series? And who do you think could play these mysterious new additions to the MCU? Sound off in the comments.