Syfy’s ‘Sharknado‘ phenomenon continues as the initial casting has been revealed for ‘Sharknado 4’ whose official title has yet to be announced. The film will take place five years after the fourth installment so there is no word if Mark Cuban is still the President of the United States or will even be mentioned but it does sound like in this time frame that the Sharknados have dissipated and Fin Shepard hasn’t had to get his feet wet by again saving the world.
We know that Tara Reid, Ian Ziering, David Hasselhoff, and Ryan Newman are all set to return in the fourth installment of this ridiculous film though Reid’s character April might not make much of an appearance. The end of ‘Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!’ had part of a space shuttle falling from the skies towards her character and a vote on Twitter will let us know if she returns for more than a quick death in the film’s opening scene.
While “a plethora of additional outrageous and surprising cameos” are promised to be announced soon, we do know six names have been added to the cast in leading roles and they are:
- Gary Busey (“Lethal Weapon,” ”Celebrity Apprentice”), as Wilford Wexler, April’s father and a lead scientist at Astro-X. He’s at the forefront of advances in the field of robotics.
- Tommy Davidson (“Black Dynamite,” “In Living Color”), as Aston Reynolds, playboy tech billionaire. Aston is the CEO of tech company Astro-X, developers of a revolutionary energy system that can stabilize the atmosphere and prevent the formation of tornadoes.
- Imani Hakim (“Everybody Hates Chris”), as Gabrielle, Matt’s best friend and a fellow soldier. Gabrielle is tough and no-nonsense, can take care of herself and isn’t afraid to show what she’s capable of doing.
- Cody Linley (“Hannah Montana,” “Melissa & Joey”), as Matt, Fin and April’s eldest son. After surviving the first Sharknado, Matt finished flight school and joined the Army. He’s experienced the events of the last six years from afar and longs to reunite with his American Hero father.
- Masiela Lusha (“George Lopez”), as Gemini, Fin’s cousin. Ever resourceful, Gemini is chock full of shark-busting attitude and is ready to dive into the fight once the sharks hit the fan.
- Cheryl Tiegs (“The Apprentice”), as Raye, Fin’s mother and Col. Gil Shepard’s ex-wife. Raye is a little bit of a former flower child, but not afraid to speak her mind or protect her family.
While April’s father could be introduced at her grave, I suspect we’ll be seeing Reid’s character alive and kicking to deal with his insanity. With Anthony C. Ferrante returning to direct based off of a screenplay by Thunder Levin, I’m sure we can expect the same level of B-movie greatness that the first three films were able to deliver.
Are you looking forward to ‘Sharknado 4’? Do you think that April lived? What location do you think we’ll see in the next installment? Share your thoughts below!