We’re already into the last season of HBO’s ‘True Blood‘ but fans are dying to hear more and we’ve got both the major talking points as well as the full panel to share with you below! If you’ve got a little over an hour to kill you can watch Nathan Parsons, Deborah Ann Woll, Nelsan Ellis, Carrie Preston, Chris Bauer, Anna Camp, Brian Buckner, Kristin Bauer Van Straten, Rutina Wesley, Sam Trammell, Stephen Moyer, and Anna Paquin talk about their fellow cast members as well as the last season of the show.
It was an emotional panel for both the cast and fans of the show as this is the last time that they will be reuniting at Comic-Con. Well, until an anniversary get together down the line which will inevitably occur. As the show is drawing closer towards its August 24th series finale. they couldn’t say that much without giving away how things will be wrapping up. Obviously spoilers are below for those who haven’t kept up with the show. While the entire cast was involved, executive producer Brian Buckner mentioned most of the key points below.
- When talking about the deaths of major characters so far this season such as Tara and Alcide, Buckner said that “I feel like an executioner but I think we handled it as best we could.”
- Bringing up Sookie and how she has handled Alcide’s death Buckner stated that “When people die in your life, you don’t always see it coming. I don’t mean to be defensive, but I kind of feel like we’re honoring those characters. That was what the episode this past weekend was about. You don’t get to mourn before it happens.”
- Also as it’s the last season, “This season had to be about Bill and Sookie. It’s not going to be what you think it is, but Alcide sadly had to go.”
- Speaking of the final five episodes, “It’s really emotional and satisfying. We felt like we had to land in the places where you were going to be OK with [us] not giving them any more [story].”
- My favorite part? According to Ellis, “HBO should probably sue me, because I’ve been stealing from them for seven years” as he’s been forgetting to bring back Lafayette’s wardrobe
What a great way to send off these characters without giving away any spoilers. I’m sure they’ll all be back in five to ten years for a reunion piece but in the meantime, we still have just a little bit of time before we have to say goodbye to them for good.
Video credit: TB FS
Are you looking forward to the finale of ‘True Blood’? Do you think the final season is coming to a proper end or are you glad that the curtains will finally be closing?