We only recently found out the director lineup for ‘V/H/S: Viral‘ the third installment of the ‘V/H/S’ horror anthology franchise and already we have a trailer to share with you. Not only that, but we have a few added details about the short films that are included in this one. I do have to say though that the first half of this trailer includes footage referencing to the first two anthologies but it really could have been used for more original clips. I’m going to assume that is what the second trailer will be for.
The short stories included within are going along the lines of the following plots:
- A deranged illusionist who has obtained a magical object that has great power
- A machine that has the ability to open a door to a parallel world
- A group of teenage skaters who end up as targets for a Mexican death cult ritual
- A serial killer that is being tracked by a secretive organization
- A group of teens who want more than anything to become famous that are following a car chase through LA that somehow tie the entire set of films together
So it sounds as if it could be a lot of fun or a lot of flops. The first two installments were a mix of both but the good has outweighed the bad and hopefully the third installment of this anthology trilogy will delivery the same bias towards quality.
According to Magnolia President Eamonn Bowles, “V/H/S: Viral’ has the strength of its predecessors and continues to break new ground in the genre. This installment features terrific work from some very talented genre filmmakers.”
Producer Gary Binkow added that “We’re really excited for audiences to experience the evolution of the ‘V/H/S’ brand – and the evolution of male monster genitalia.” Yes, you read the last part of that right! That sounds more terrifying than anything else about the franchise to date!
Are you excited to see the next installment of the ‘V/H/S’ series? Which of the included films have grabbed your attention if any? Share your thoughts below!
Source: Coming Soon