Jesse Plemons, Todd from ‘Breaking Bad’ and Landry Clarke from ‘Friday Night Lights’, is said to be a finalist in the casting search for J.J. Abrams’ ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’. While he hasn’t been cast yet, a source reports that he’s in the final stages of the casting process and is a leading contender.
Though not a huge star, he is rising and this last season of ‘Breaking Bad’ was the show’s highest rated, so his visibility is also rising. According to this source:
“Plemons has already taped an audition that was well-received by those involved in the casting process, and he’ll be flying in to Los Angeles from Austin, Texas for a second audition that will bring him face-to-face with Abrams.”
Only the tiniest bits of information about the film have been released and it’s not even certain that what we do know is true. But the report is that this is what the film makers are looking for:
- A young man aged between 20 and 25, witty and smart, fit but not classically handsome,
- Man in late twenties, also fit, but this one is handsome and confident.
- Late teenage girl, independent, good sense of humour, also… physically fit .
- Second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and physically fit.
- Man in his forties, obviously physically fit, this one is a military type.
- A man of around thirty or so, this one is an intellectual type.
- Finally, a guy aged around seventy, strong opinions and tough.
I’d say the first one is the lost likely for Plemons, as he is 25 and– no offense– not classically handsome. In fact he sort of resembles Mark Hamill, so could this be the son of Luke Skywalker?
What do you think? Will Plemons make a good leading man in ‘Star Wars’? Comment below with your picks!
Source: Slash Film