It was a bittersweet panel this weekend as the cast and crew of ‘Fringe’ gathered for their last Comic-Con together to talk about the final season of the show and unveil a new trailer.
It was an emotional time for Joshua Jackson, Anna Torv, John Noble, Jasika Nicole, Lance Reddick and executive producer J.H. Wyman and while most of the hour was spent reminiscing, a few spoilers were revealed:
• The fifth season, according to Wyman, will pick up exactly where they left off in last season’s episode ‘Letters In Transit’ in the year 2036. If you recall, the Observers had already taken over the world.
• Wyman would neither confirm nor deny the return of Simon Foster only saying, “Let’s just say Henry (Ian Cusick) was an astounding performer last season. Let’s see if he makes his way into this season.”
• If you’re wondering if Peter and Olivia will finally get their happy ending, Jackson would only say “I think that these two will get the final chapter of their story.” To which Torv added, “I concur.”
• Wyman announced that a book will be released sometime during the final season written through the eyes of Observer September from the show. The book will enlighten the reader on who the Observers are and what they’ve been through. “We are trying to give you guys back so much,” he explained, “because without you, we would not be here.” And if you’re wondering why there are no female Observers, Wyman says the answer will be revealed this year.
• During the Q&A portion of the panel a fan asked if ‘Fringe’ would live on in other formats. After all, ‘Smallville’ has lived on via comics as has other cancelled TV shows. Noble answers, “If this season goes off as we think it will, I would think a film is very possible down the track.” However, Jackson did add, “Of course it will be shot on this, in our trailer,” as he holds up his FlipCam.
Although filming for Season 5 has yet to begin, the cast took time to film scenes for the trailer that was shown at Comic-Con which you can view below!
So grab a hanky as you watch and prepare for the final 13 episodes of ‘Fringe!’
‘Fringe’ Season 5 Trailer: