‘Wonder Woman’ was the most successful movie of the summer, scoring with both audiences and critics. Nothing is perfect, but this DC superhero movie comes mighty damn close. With the home video release coming up, director Patty Jenkins was asked if she could go back and change anything about the film she’d like to go back and change, she admitted that, in order to get the film down to a reasonable length for its theatrical release, she did have to snip a few bits that she would have otherwise included.
“No. I mean, yes, there’s a million little things. If I had my druthers, the movie would be longer with little tiny jokes and moments that were hard to lose. Particularly because the great thing about these actors is you have such talented funny capable people, so that was already great material for them to work from and then they all just like every mess around would be delightful. So it’s really hard to cut a movie like that down, and so just that sort of stuff — details.”
Luckily, a few of these moments will surface on the Blu-Ray (and possibly on the DVD as well, although lately, the extras are reserved strictly for Blu-Ray). Among the extras are extended scenes, so we may get to see a few of these bits that were trimmed from the cinema version.
Also included is an epilogue featuring Lucy Davis’ Etta Candy. Etta, based on Wonder Woman’s Golden Age comic book sidekick, only had a brief presence in the film, when she takes Steve and Diana clothes shopping and in the action sequence following that. She also popped up at the end, after Diana and company returned from their big mission. In the epilogue, ‘Etta’s Mission’, wherein “Etta Candy gets the boys back together for a secret mission that could impact humanity’s future.”
Other bonuses include:
- Crafting the Wonder – Wonder Woman finally comes to life in her first, breathtaking solo film. Explore the journey to create an adventure worthy of DC’s greatest warrior. “Themyscira: The Hidden Island,” “Beach Battle,” “A Photograph Through Time,” “Diana in the Modern World,” “Wonder Woman at War”
- Join director Patty Jenkins as she takes you on an exclusive journey through “Wonder Woman’s” most pivotal and exciting moments
- Warriors of Wonder Woman – Witness the creation of the Amazon army as the women of “Wonder Woman” transform emotionally and physically into the world’s most powerful and heroic warriors.
- The Trinity – Filmmakers and comic book creators explore the legend of Wonder Woman and how she stands shoulder to shoulder with Superman and Batman to create the pillars of the DC Universe.
- The Wonder Behind the Camera – Meet the women behind the wonder as they welcome a group of aspiring filmmakers on set for an exclusive, once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Finding the Wonder Woman Within – Feel the power of Wonder Woman as award-winning poets and inspiring public figures reveal the impact and importance of DC’s greatest heroine.
- Extended Scenes
- Blooper Reel
‘Wonder Woman’ arrives on home video on September 19, 2018.
Are you curious to see what Jenkins had to cut to save time? Will you be adding ‘Wonder Woman’ to your collection?