‘The Avengers’ have assembled in… Cleveland? Yes they have! As we reported yesterday some of the ‘The Avengers’ filming takes place in Sandusky, Ohio. Movie and comic book fans in Cleveland are now able see the beginnings of an epic battle that will be fought this week as ‘The Avengers’ film in downtown Cleveland, according to The Plain Dealer complete with set photos.
Fans are anxious to attend the filming this week which should feature most of the main cast which includes Chris Hemsworth as “Thor”, Chris Evans as “Captain America”, Scarlett Johansson as “Black Widow”, Mark Ruffalo as “Bruce Banner”, Jeremy Renner as “Hawkeye” and Samuel L. Jackson as “Nick Fury”. Rumors suggest that Robert Downey Jr. who portrays “Tony Stark/Iron Man” may not be present because “if all the scenes feature a man fully encased in armor” his presence wouldn’t be needed.
Filming at different spots will close streets around these other locations:
- East Ninth between Prospect and Euclid will be closed for the duration of the filming.
- Euclid Avenue from East Sixth Street to East 12th Street, Monday to Aug. 24.
- South Roadway at Superior Avenue and Ontario Street, Wednesday to Aug. 30.
- Walnut Avenue from East Ninth to East 12th Street, Aug. 22 through Sept. 2.
- The Detroit-Superior Bridge, Aug. 29.
- Periodically, Public Square in front of Tower City will be closed.
- The pyrotechnics that were scheduled to be filmed on August 18 and 19 at the former Chevrolet Powertrain building have been moved to August 23 and 24.
Check out some of the set photos and video below.