Though Disney has not released any official information and won’t confirm the info that has surfaced, it appears there has been some scoop leaked regarding what to expect from the first Marvel attractions at Anaheim, California’s Disneyland. The Marvel area will replace ‘A Bug’s Land’, built in honor of the 1998 hit ‘A Bug’s Life’. One Marvel ride has already been constructed, though its name isn’t yet known. It is a towering ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ attraction. You can see it below and read a bit more about what to expect.
What else is known? (NOTE: This area is not technically called Marvel Land, but I’m just going to use that name for simplicity’s sake.)
- Marvel Land will be unveiled in two phases. The first part is expected to open in 2020, with more to come after that.
- A giant Avengers “A” Logo will be found at the “central hub” of Marvel Land.
- A Spider-Man game will replace the ‘It’s Tough To Be A Bug’ theater feature. This ride will be similar to the Toy Story Mania ride, in which visitors will shoot “webs” at target screens. The new entrance will be where the back of the building was for ‘It’s Tough To Be A Bug’, in the hub of Marvel Land.
- Restrooms! Gotta have those. Marvel Land will repurpose the ‘Bug’s Land’ restrooms, which were shaped like giant tissue boxes. They will be located near the queue for the Spider-Man attraction.
- Doctor Strange will be featured in a Meet-and-Greet. Why Doctor Strange specifically? *shrugs*
- Get drunk with Ant-Man! There will be a micro-brewery (Get it? MICRO-brewery) with an Ant-Man theme. There will be another “fast food” eatery, but no details were given for its theme. (Will they at least serve shawarma?)
- Shopping! Of course, there will be gift shops with specially dedicated Marvel merchandise. There will be one large shop and one smaller. Presumably, there will also be smaller kiosks as there are all over the park.
The red trolley will remain untouched.
Phase two will add a “huge” Avengers roller coaster and a Quinjet attraction.
Are you excited to see a Marvel Land at Disneyland?