Disney and Lucasfilm are giving us an added treat when we can take ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ home on Blu-ray in the form of 14 deleted scenes! Sure, we know you just want to watch Luke Skywalker brush off his shoulder after the First Order’s attack does nothing to him, but now you’ll have something else to watch as well! Oh, and that is just a start as to what we’ll see when you can take the movie home on March 27th, 2018! It isn’t clear if these will be available on the digital release as well which you can stream starting March 13th, 2018.
While the deleted scenes have yet to be revealed, director Rian Johnson has continuously mentioned how much of the movie ended up on the cutting room floor. The director has previously shared that it will be over 20 minutes of new footage. I would guess that at least one of these scenes is the third lesson which Luke Skywalker wanted to teach Rey. It will be interesting to see if any of these sequences could have been key to the enjoyment of viewers everywhere who love to watch stories set in a galaxy far far away.
Outside of the deleted scenes, we know that there are two featurettes which will also be included. These behind-the-scenes moments will be a must-have for anyone who loves watching how the saga is put together. The first is titled “The Director and the Jedi” which will have us watch what Johnson went through and his “personal journey” in putting the movie together. The second of these is “Balance of the Force” which will take a look at “Johnson’s interpretation of the film” which has pit fans against one another for those who’ve loved or hated the film.
On top of that, there are three scene breakdowns which will be included. One of them has to do with one of the space battles, another will focus on Supreme Leader Snoke, and the final will take a look at that battle on Crate.
Below is the trailer for the home release as well as a run-down of some of the features included:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
I believe I’m most excited about the deleted scenes and can’t wait to find out what they are!
Will you be snagging a copy of ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ this March? Which set of features are you most excited for? Share your thoughts below!
Source: Star Wars