One of the most anticipated movies of last year was Gavin Scott’s ‘Ender’s Game‘. While the movie did gain rave reviews from many critics (including ours), it struggled to find the same success as a feature film as it has in book form. But if you haven’t had a chance to see it in theaters, you do have a chance to watch at home – and we’re offering a copy to one lucky reader!
Released last week, the home edition of ‘Ender’s Game’ has a plethora of special features which makes picking up this set a must. Besides an audio commentary from director Gavin Hood, the discs also have an additional audio commentary track from producers Gigi Pritzker and Roberto Orci.
There is also quite a bit of deleted and extended scenes to watch with include:
- Say Goodbye: An extended scene where Ender is saying goodbye to his family.
- A New Recruit: An extended scene that establishes Ender’s rivalry with Bonzo (played by Moises Arias).
- It’s For His Own Good: An extended sequence where dealing with Graff (Harrison Ford) and Major Gwen Anderson (Viola Davis) discuss how to deal with Ender.
- Leadership: A deleted scene where Ender is asking Dink why he’s not a leader.
- They Should Know: A surprisingly revealing conversation between Graff and Mazer Rackham (Ben Kingsley).
These scenes can also be watched with a special audio commentary from Hood too.
Exclusive to the Blu-ray set is a 45 minute featurette called ‘Ender’s World: The Making of Ender’s Game’ which follows the making of the film from conception to its premiere. The featurette is broken down into 8 segments:
- Journey to the Big Screen
- Recruiting the Troops
- Ender in Zero-G
- Battle School Revealed
- The Mind Game
- Behind Enemy Lines
- The Alien World
- Ender’s Mission Complete
The road to get ‘Ender’s Game’ to the big screen was interesting as Hood doesn’t hold back and relays the difficulties he’s had with the film adaption of the novel.
The second special Blu-ray feature is a featurette called ‘Inside the Mind Game’ which focuses on the how the special effects team, with the use of motion capture, created one of the games Ender would play on his tablet. A definite must see to those who are interested in the behind the scenes aspect of movie making.
The ‘Ender’s Game’ Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD is available for the suggested retail price of $39.99 and $29.95, respectively, but you can get a chance to own DVD copy for free!
Thanks to Summit Entertainment, we have a copy of ‘Ender’s Game’ for you to get your hands on!
HOW TO ENTER
1. Be a registered ScienceFiction.com member by signing up for our e-newsletter. That is how we’ll contact you if you win, so make sure your info is accurate. If you’ve not yet registered, do so HERE.
2. To DOUBLE your chances of winning, FOLLOW US on Twitter and then RETWEET the Tweet below.
Want to win a copy of ENDER’S GAME? FOLLOW @ScienceFiction and RETWEET this! For more chances to win, click here: http://t.co/395Uz7aI6P
— Science Fiction (@ScienceFiction) February 21, 2014
3. To TRIPLE your chances of winning, LIKE ScienceFiction.com on Facebook by clicking HERE.
‘Ender’s Game’ Synopsis:
The International Military seek out a leader who can save the human race from an alien attack. Ender Wiggin (Butterfield), a brilliant young mind, is recruited and trained to lead his fellow soldiers into a battle that will determine the future of Earth.