As of late, every time Marvel prepares to release a huge comic, they plan big parties, usually for the midnight release of a book, with exclusives at comic book stores all around the world. I remember them doing it when ‘Avengers Vs. X-Men’ first dropped, and now they’re doing it for Marvel NOW’s flagship book, ‘Uncanny Avengers’.
According to Comic Book Movie, on Wednesday, October 10th, comic book stores worldwide will have the opportunity to host an ‘Uncanny Avengers’ release party and fans will have the opportunity to be among the first to get their hands on the first issue of the first title in Marvel’s new status quo after the events of AvX.
Marvel Senior Vice President of Sales David Gabriel had this to say about the company’s commitment to making ‘Uncanny Avengers’ #1 one of the year’s best sellers:
“There is no better time than NOW! to get excited for the kick-off title of our new initiative. We’ve taken everything we’ve learned up to this point and are making sure all of our valued retail partners have what they need to get their fans buzzing for this event. Whether it’s advertising, promotional material, multi-tiered ordering incentives or limited edition variant covers, Marvel is committed to making sure that ‘Uncanny Avengers’ #1 is their highest selling title of the year for comic shops worldwide.”
If a store opts to have a release party, they’ll receive the following:
- Uncanny Avengers Postcards
- Uncanny Avengers Customizable Flyer
- Uncanny Avengers Customizable Press Release
- Uncanny Avengers Backlist Sales
- Uncanny Avengers Mini Posters
- Uncanny Avengers Promo Items
- Uncanny Avengers #1 Personalized Variant
- Uncanny Avengers Party Lithographs
- Mass media promotion around the launch of Uncanny Avengers and the associated parties
- Promotion of parties to Marvel fan base via Marvel.com, Twitter and Facebook
- An additional discount on in stock trade paperbacks
- Free Uncanny Avengers Party Tickets
- Free Uncanny Avengers Pins
- Free Uncanny Avengers in-store signage and shelf-talkers
While all that is well and good, the very best thing that a store would get is the exclusive Deadpool “Call Me Maybe” variant cover of ‘Uncanny Avengers’ #1. From artist Mark Brooks, Wade Wilson tries to present his case as to why he should be on Rick Remender and John Cassaday’s lineup of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. Check out the cover below:
Hopefully one of my local stores decides to have one of these parties because I’d really like to get my hands on one of those Deadpool covers.
Are you excited for ‘Uncanny Avengers’ and Marvel NOW in October? Will you be going to one of these parties in your area? Sound off in the comment section below!