Square Enix, Inc., the announced recently that its highly anticipated action-RPG, ‘Dungeon Siege III,’ is now available. Developed by Obsidian Entertainment, Dungeon Siege III presents the next exciting chapter in the classic role-playing franchise, which, for the first time, is available for the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation3. For players who enjoy dungeon-crawling and loot-hoarding on their home computers, ‘Dungeon Siege III’ is also available for Windows PC via Steam.
In ‘Dungeon Siege III,’ players assume the role of one of four heroes, fighting for the sake of their fallen comrades to restore the kingdom of Ehb. Conflict is constant in this action-RPG and decisions have lasting consequences, allowing players to alter the epic storyline. Fight to restore the 10th Legion with up to three friends via online co-op play. ‘Dungeon Siege III’ allows for two players to experience the story from start to finish in local co-op mode. Thanks to robust cooperative AI, ‘Dungeon Siege III’ allows players to seamlessly drop in and out of battle without interrupting the action or impacting the campaign.
“It’s one of the best hack-and-slash options out there for consoles, and it’s no slouch on the PC front, either.” -Game Informer, July 2011 (8/10)
“DSIII is a fantastic step forward for the franchise.” -EGM, August 2011 (8/10)
The delicate balance of power between the kingdom of Ehb’s factions has been violently torn asunder. As one of the few remaining members of the 10th Legion, the disgraced protectors of the land, it is up to you to rebuild the once-great Legion and stop Ehb from falling into darkness. Joined by a group of unique companions, you will travel through the striking land of Ehb defeating all manner of villains and beasts through a combination of heroic abilities, screen-shaking magic and pure cunning.
Lucas Montbarron is the son of a former Grand Master of the Legion, and the last in a long and noble line. Skilled with sword and shield, Lucas can also engage crowds of enemies with devastating attacks from a variety of two-handed weapons.
Reinhart Manx is a scholar of arcane magic, who warps the forces of creation and destruction to his will. Rather than avoid the front line of combat, he will often teleport directly into the fray to deliver devastating attacks that hurl the enemy back.
Anjali is an Archon, a literal legend come to life. She is able to shift freely between her human form and an incarnation of pure elemental fire. A creature of both martial and mystical abilities, Anjali does not know how she came to this world, what happened to the others of her kind or the true extent of her awesome power.
Katarina is the daughter of a Legion Commander and a Lescanzi Witch, making her both mischievous and cunning. While preferring ranged combat, she is a strategic opponent, employing powerful magical ordinances and a sinister Black Hound when enemies attempt to close in on her position.
• Adventure by yourself or with friends in co-op multiplayer.
• Experience a deep and expansive storyline that only Square Enix and Obsidian Entertainment can deliver.
• Play as one of four unique and highly customizable characters, with a wide range of both martial and magical abilities to choose from.
• Customize your heroes with a near-limitless variety of weapon, armor and magic item combinations.
• Engage hordes of enemies and challenging bosses in beautiful exterior and interior environments while combining talents and abilities to defeat all manner of foes.
• Recruit companions with unique personalities, abilities and views on the world around them.
• Make a dynamic impact on the Dungeon Siege world through in-game actions and decisions that will forge alliances, create enemies and dramatically impact the final story.
‘Dungeon Siege III’ is now available at retailers for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Windows PC via Steam. Dungeon Siege III is rated T (Teen).