Although filming is nearing to a close, ‘The Avengers’ is giving its fans a few more goodies to get excited about before its release next year. Yesterday in Central Park, the cast of ‘The Avengers’ were on hand to film what looks like the final scenes of the movie and we have photos!
The only two in their full costumes yesterday were Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and Tom Hiddleston (Loki) while the rest of the team were in their everyday wear. If you don’t want to know too much about the movie, then skip to the jump and take a look at the amazing photos from shoot.
SPOILERS: An onlooker who was on site during the filming shared what he saw:
- Thor and Loki dialogue scene.
- Hawkeye, Black Widow and Banner exit a S.H.I.E.L.D. car.
- Widow hands Banner some kind of duffel bag.
- Tony Stark shakes hands with Captain America and gets in his car (a badass convertible) with Banner, and they drive off.
- Cap gets on his bike and drives away in the other direction.
- There are a bunch of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents on the street, standing guard as all of this happens.
- Thor and Loki stand facing each other, each holding on to some kind of Asgardian device (you can see it in the pictures below).
- The entire rest of the team (Erik Selvig, Hawkeye, Widow, Stark, Ruffalo, Cap) stand around them in a circle.
- Loki and Thor disappear and the group looks up at them as they go up into the clouds.
- Some kind of dialogue scene between Loki, Widow and Hawkeye.
And speaking of Loki, Tom HIddleston spoke to MTV recently about his character in the movie and how he will be different in ‘The Avengers’ from the one we saw in ‘Thor’:
“In The Avengers he’s really dark and kind of sociopathic, or maybe even psychopathic is the word, in a deluded way. Obviously I haven’t let go of the spiritual damage at the heart of him, it still comes from that lost place, but he’s just incredibly nasty. I think that probably in ‘Thor 2′ his previous actions will, he’ll have to take responsibility for what he’s done. The great thing about Loki is there is potential in him for greatness and awfulness, for great heroism and great villainy. There are still, even within The Avengers, there are moments where you see within Loki a glimmer of hope and that possibility of redemption.”
‘Thor 2’ is said to pick up from where ‘The Avengers’ leave off so the scenes filmed yesterday may give up a hint for that upcoming movie.
The cast of ‘The Avengers’ will be continuing to film in New York today and tomorrow at 40th Street and Park Ave where the crashed Quinjet is located. Make sure you keep checking back here for more updates on the movie!
UPDATE: As I was writing this, new photos came out with Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson and Jeremy Renner in full costume as their alter egos Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye that were taken today! Enjoy the pictures everyone!
‘The Avengers’ is directed by Joss Whedon and stars an ensemble cast including, Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark), Chris Evans (Steve Rogers), Chris Hemsworth (Thor Odinson), Scarlett Johansson (Natasha Romanoff), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), Tom Hiddleston (Loki Laufeyson), Mark Ruffalo (Bruce Banner), Jeremy Renner (Clint Barton), and Stellan Skarsgard (Professor Erik Selvig), and will be released worldwide on May 4, 2012.