NASA is about to begin the hiring process for new astronauts. Think you have what it takes? Read a summary of the job description below. This may be the career change you’re been looking for.
-Must be a US citizen
– Bachelor’s degree in engineering, biological sciences, physical sciences or mathematics
– Three years professional experience (advanced degrees included) or 1,000 pilot-in-command hours in a jet aircraft
– Military experience beneficial but not required
– Must pass spaceflight physical
– Have good visual acuity (That’s 20/200 for mission specialists and 20/100 for pilots.)
– Blood pressure of 140/90
– Must meet height requirements (Between 4.8 to 6.3 feet for mission specialists and between 5.1 feet and 6.2 feet for pilots)
– No age requirements
DOE (In the past this has been between $64,140 and $100,701).
Candidates will be chosen in 2017.
Perhaps if you peruse through Craigslist you’ll find this posting. It might be under [ETC].