Director James Gunn has just weighed in on one of the big mysteries that was teased at the closure of Marvel’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy‘! What exactly is Peter Quill and who is his father? We can all thank the now infamous Sony Hack for this information being released but how exactly does that hack lead into a reveal on a Marvel Studios film? Well it’s a funny story and you are going to just have to take a look at James Gunn‘s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2‘ worksheet to find out:
Here, check it out quick:
Apparently if Sony can’t tangle with a foreign leader then Marvel’s directors will be following suit. Still, the list of who could be Peter Quill’s dad is pretty great!
Aside from the one name that is crossed out, we have some great throw outs to fans of Marvel, ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’, and science fiction in general.
- Galactus – The giant purple world eater from the ‘Fantastic Four’ who should probably be crossed out due to legal issues of not owning the cinematic rights to the character
- J’Son of Spartax – Hey! This guy is the actual father of Peter Quill in the comics!
- Tony Stark From The Future – I have to say that an elderly Stark who travels back in time to get some action while fixing his time travel device sounds great, aside from the fact that they’ve made it clear that Quill isn’t completely human
- Martinex – This one is a character from the original ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ who hail from the future, even if liberties were taken to stick them in the present in the first film
- Howard the Duck – This could explain exactly why we saw him hanging out with The Collector at the tease end of the film!
- Ben Parker – Again, a rights issue due to Spider-Man being owned elsewhere
- Luke Skywalker – Well he is from a galaxy far far away and might not be human which could explain his Jedi powers…
- Kevin Bacon – Not only would this make our heroes just like Kevin Bacon but it would be a great way for him to cameo in the film!
I wouldn’t have minded seeing Adam Warlock on the list as well but that was a great way to poke fun at the entire situation. My one thought is that if every other name on the list is so completely far fetched, did he put J’Son on the list to throw us off with who his cinematic father will be or to say that we’ll be seeing someone else take on the role?
I can’t wait to find out!
Source: The Hollywood Reporter