Earlier this month, director J.J. Abrams revealed that he and his family would be packing up shop and relocating to the U.K. by the end of the year so that production can begin on ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’. While the Abrams family prepares for the move across the pond, it appears that the project has entered the casting stages.
According to Deadline, casting directors April Webster and Alyssa Weisberg have already sent casting breakdowns to agents for the new ‘Star Wars’ movie from Disney. Until now, we’ve only gotten vague talk about what’s coming up in a galaxy far, far away. But all that changes since we have our first real clues concerning what’s to come with this new trilogy.
Here’s the list of characters that will occupy the main cast of the film:
- A young man aged between 20 and 25, witty and smart, fit but not classically handsome,
- Man in late twenties, also fit, but this one is handsome and confident.
- Late teenage girl, independent, good sense of humour, also… physically fit .
- Second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and physically fit.
- Man in his forties, obviously physically fit, this one is a military type.
- A man of around thirty or so, this one is an intellectual type.
- Finally, a guy aged around seventy, strong opinions and tough.
Though some of these characters do sound awfully familiar, from the sounds of what we’ve been hearing about this project, they’re definitely a whole new crop of characters that we haven’t seen before. It’s also interesting to note more female leads in this cast as the franchise has previously come under fire for not having enough women represented in their films.
So who would you like to appear in ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’? Do you have any actors or actresses in mind that fit some of these roles? Go on and share your suggestions in the comments below.
‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ written by Michael Arndt and directed by J.J. Abrams is expected to begin production in early 2014 and hit theaters some time in 2015.