Last year, Ubisoft released ‘Assassin’s Creed Rogue’ as an exclusive ‘Assassin’s Creed’ title on last generation consoles PS3 and Xbox 360. However, the title is now available for Windows PC.
In terms of visuals, the PC version of ‘Assassin’s Creed Rogue’ have been upped to be a tad sharper in graphical quality compared to the console version. Frame rate has also been improved with it running at a potential 60 fps.
Other than an upgrade to its visuals and performance, the PC version of ‘Assassin’s Creed Rogue’ also features eye-tracking support through a partnership with Tobii Tech. However, to take advantage of this feature, players need a SteelSeries Sentry headset with Tobii eye-tracking support. Below is a list of features that players can access using the eye-tracking technology.
- Multidimensional Movement — using traditional controls to shoot in one direction while using the player’s gaze to focus and throw an object, such as a grenade, in another.
- Eye Contact — characters in the game react based on eye contact from the player, just as they would in real life.
- Immersive Graphics and Sound — environmental elements of the game react with animation or sound based on eye contact from the player.
Development of the PC version of ‘Assassin’s Creed Rogue was handled by Ubisoft Kiev with support from other internal Ubisoft studios. The title itself was originally planned and developed from the ground up by Ubisoft Sofia, who worked on the console version of the game.
‘Assassin’s Creed Rogue’ takes place chronologically in-between ‘Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag’ and ‘Assassin’s Creed 3’, and is set during the events of the Seven Year’s War. It tells the story of Shay Patrick Cormack, an Assassin who becomes disenfranchised with the Brotherhood of Assassins after he is sent on a mission that results in the loss of millions of lives. Betrayed and left for dead by his comrades when they do not see eye to eye with his world view, Cormack soon joins the Templar order as an Assassin hunter in order to exact his revenge against the Assassins who wronged him.
The system requirements for the PC version of ‘Assassin’s Creed Rogue’ are as listed below:
- OS: Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 (64 bit versions only)
- Processor: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6 GHzH
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTS450 or AMD Radeon HD5670 (1024MB VRAM) or Intel HD4600
- Hard Drive: 11.4 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
- Peripherals: Xbox 360 controller, Tobii EyeX Controller, SteelSeries Sentry
- Additional Notes: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse required, optional controller
SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE:
- NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 or better
- GeForce 500, 600, 700, 900 series
- AMD Radeon HD 5670 or better, Radeon HD 6000, 7000, R7, R9 series
- Intel HD4600, HD5200
‘Assassin’s Creed Rogue’ is available now on Windows PC.