Whether you (or Alan Moore) like it or not, DC Comics is unrolling ‘Before Watchmen’ in less than two months. The prequel to the acclaimed comic book staple ‘Watchmen’ by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons will contain seven limited series and an epilogue one-shot written and illustrated by some of the top names in the business today. Although Moore has gone on record saying that the project is “completely shameless”, like I said in my coverage of the ‘Before Watchmen’ panel from C2E2, I’m going to stay optimistic about it until DC gives me a reason not to be.
Mixed reactions aside, we have some awesome images from a bunch of the books for you. Blastr has a total of 19 brand new images from the upcoming Watchmen series. I’ve picked out a few of my favorites to share with the class below, but for the whole haul, head on over to Blastr and view their gallery.
Whether you’re for it or against it, you’ve got to admit that the artwork for ‘Before Watchmen’ is gorgeous.
Here’s a complete list of ‘Before Watchmen’ titles and who’s working on them:
- RORSCHACH (4 issues) – Writer: Brian Azzarello. Artist: Lee Bermejo
- MINUTEMEN (6 issues) – Writer/Artist: Darwyn Cooke
- COMEDIAN (6 issues) – Writer: Brian Azzarello. Artist: J.G. Jones
- DR. MANHATTAN (4 issues) – Writer: J. Michael Straczynski. Artist: Adam Hughes
- NITE OWL (4 issues) – Writer: J. Michael Straczynski. Artists: Andy and Joe Kubert
- OZYMANDIAS (6 issues) – Writer: Len Wein. Artist: Jae Lee
- SILK SPECTRE (4 issues) – Writer: Darwyn Cooke. Artist: Amanda Conner
- CURSE OF THE CRIMSON CORSAIR (backup story) – Writer: Len Wein. Artist: John Higgins