Earlier in the year, Fox revived ‘The X-Files‘ in a six-episode event. Now all 6 episodes are on Blu-ray! And we all know the best part about owning a Blu-ray, right? Why, it’s the special features, of course! This one is jam-packed with some really fun features that not only explore the miniseries but also delve into past “monsters of the week” and stories from the original series. There’s also a gag reel that shows just how much fun David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson had working together again.
For a sneak peak of what to expect, we have 2 clips to share from the Blu-ray edition! The first one is a glimpse of the making of the episode “My Struggle” which features everyone’s favorite Cigarette Smoking Man:
Another clip describes how Chris Carter favored having a practical UFO on set to film, as opposed to a CGI version:
- Deleted & Extended Scenes
- Gag Reel
- The Makings of a Struggle
- Season X: An In-Depth Behind-the-Scenes Look at “The Event Series”
- Monsters of the Week: A Recap from the Wildest and Scariest from the Original Series
- “The X-Files” – Green Production PSA
- Short Film – Grace by Karen Nielsen
- Commentary on “Founder’s Mutation” with Chris Carter and James Wong
- Commentary on “Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster” with David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Kumail Nanjiani and Darin Morgan
- Commentary on “My Struggle II” with Chris Carter and Gabe Rotter
If you are looking for more episodes of ‘The X-Files’ TV series you loved from over a decade ago… here are six more you can enjoy. Make sure you pick up your copy now available in stores!