It was just a few short months ago that audiences were thrilled by Chris Hemsworth as ‘Thor’, but if you missed it in the theaters, you can catch the excitement yourself when it comes out in Blu-ray and DVD tomorrow. (You can read our ‘Thor’ movie reivew here.) To help promote the release, Paramount and Marvel Studios have been releasing preview clips of bonus features that will be included in the package and we have them here for you!
It was only last month that the first news of bonus features and what they would contain were reported. Just a couple weeks ago, the full version of the short movie ‘Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant’ (which brings Clark Gregg back in the role of Agent Coulson) was leaked online but as soon as it was up, it was taken down at the request of Marvel studios. The short is to bridge the time gap between the movies ‘Thor’ and ‘The Avengers’. But one of my favorite parts of bonus features are the deleted scenes of which there are 11 that is included in the set. Besides deleted scenes and the short, here is a list of other extras that will be included:
- From Asgard to Earth: A featurette that gives a strong overview of the entire production.
- Our Fearless Leader: Interviews of the cast speaking the praises of director Kenneth Branagh.
- Assembling the Troupe: A look at the casting and respective performances of Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, and Anthony Hopkins.
- Hammer Time: An examination of Thor’s legendary iconic weapon and how the filmmakers strove to design it for the silver screen by remaining faithful to its origins.
- Creating Laufey: Colm Feore discusses the elaborate make-up process and his hand in creating a dimensional character for the King of the Frost Giants.
- Music of the Gods: A short featurette that looks at the work of Composer Patrick Doyle.
- A Conversation: Living legend Stan Lee, co-producer Craig Kyle, and Writer J. Michael Straczynski discuss Thor on set.
- Road to the Avengers: Snippets from past and present Marvel films followed by the introduction of the cast at the 2010 San Diego Comic-Con.
- Deleted Scenes: Available with optional director commentary by Branaugh are eleven scenes totaling nearly twenty-five minutes: Thor and Loki Before the Confrontation, Warriors 3 and Sif Turn Over Their Weapons, Thor and Frigga, Rah Rah (Extended), Hospital (Extended), Frigga Confronts Odin, Loki is Made King, Selvig Sings with Thor, Warriors 3 and Sif Arrive (Extended), Darcy’s Dog, and Selvig is Saved by Thor.
- Trailers: Thor’s Theatrical Teaser, the Theatrical Trailer, and a promo for Avengers Animated Series.
‘Thor’ will be released in Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray 2D as well as DVD tomorrow and stars Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins, Stellan Skarsgård, Kat Dennings, Clark Gregg and Idris Elba.